Monday 1 December 2008

Title Sequence!

Today, we were discussing our ideas for our title sequence. We have got a variety of different idea's, and we have concluded with the following story -
A schizophrenic murderer - very cliche!
With this in mind, we anticipate our title sequence to be quite edgy and quite mysterious. We have decided to have quite a strict colour theme - reds and blacks mainly, but perhaps with the aid of additional colours, white and grey.
In terms of costuming, I felt that it would be appropriate to have light clothing when the schizophrenic is 'in a good mood' as the brightness will have connotations with good; and quite dark colours when the schizophrenic is 'in a bad mood' for the same reason as above.
Myself and George came up with the following idea, which we then discussed with Ross, who also thought it was a good idea -
The use of an extreme close up, focusing on the schizophrenic's eyes opening -(who we decided shall be played by myself)-. When I am 'in a good mood' I will have minimal amounts of make up on, to appear fresh and simple, happy almost. Then I will shut my eyes (here the camera freezes to allow me to...) and when I open my eyes, I shall have a lot of black make up around my eyes, suggesting dark sinisterness.
We decided that we are going to tie animation into our title sequence, as this will make it fairly easier for us to work on it when one of the members of our group, George, is away on holiday. After a lot of discussion, we also realized that animation would infact be very effective in the title scene, thanks to the nature of the protagonist (main character). Animation will help create a nerving, edgy feel, and will add to the split personality of the protagonist.
I have volunteered to write the music for our title sequence, as I am a pianist, and I am able to read and write music. I have decided I will write quite a creepy, sinister piece, in the hope that it will make the audience feel awkward and uneasy. I hope to record this using the schools recording equipment. 
And that's about it for now :)
Happy blogging.
x

No comments: