Sunday 7 December 2008

A Little Bit Of Everything's Going Into This One..

Note to self - stop doing your homework at the last minute! D:

Okay :) first of all.. CRITICAL ANALYSIS!
I'm going to be critically analysing two title sequences that have inspired our title sequence. Here goes..
NUMBER #1 - VERTIGO by SAUL BASS

This one was pretty inspiring for us, because of Bass' use of extreme facial close ups, especially his close attention to the eyes. I like the effect of using a minimal amount of colour, it creates a very bleak, and almost sinister impression for the audience. It's also quite a dirty colour, like an orangey brown - kinda like the colour blood stains on your clothes, even after you've washed them. Hmm, interesting. We've already decided on our colour theme B-)
The only thing I didn't like about this, and I guess it's down to personal taste I guess, is the soundtrack. It's AWFUL. But, then, it fitted the time the title sequence was made, so I guess I shouldn't really complain. Thankfully, I've already written the music for ours :D

NUMBER #2 - SIN CITY by Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarentino

I really liked the silouttes and imagery in this one. I think they created such an uncomfortable position for the audience, and achieved alot more then Vertigo. I also think that the soundtrack is so much better, and upto date. It's got a very repeativive beat, and quite a fast rhythm. It's EDGY. Compared to the other soundtrack, which was about as edgy as a Satsuma. The only thing I didn't really like was the length. It got a little bit boring towards the end D: but, it wasn't too unbearable; I just couldn't think of anything else I disliked :)

MOVING ON... LOGLINES
I have to consider...
1. Who is the main character and what does he or she want?
A schizophrenic murderer - who wants either revenge OR to kill because she can't control it
2. Who (villain) or what is standing in the way of the main character?
The only thing standing in the way of the main character is.... HERSELF :O
3. What makes this story unique?
It's a female killer, which is a little out of the stereotype, and she's got a thing about arachnids? Wierd, huh?

An boring logline for this film would be -
A young schizophrenic goes on a murdering spree.
An EXCITING logline for this film would be -
A young, confused and isolated schizophrenic in a continuous battle with herself, in her mind, loses control, and takes many innocent lives with her...

OW ;)
That's all for tonight.
STORYBOARDING TOMORROWWWWW :O
Happy blogging.
x

No comments: