Thursday 12 February 2009

STUFF

Considering my audience..
Our title sequence/film is a horror/thriller about a Schizophrenic murderer, henceforth, making it unsuitable for young audiences. Therefore, I feel certificate 18 is appropriate. In reality, the title sequence/film needs to be designed to appeal to audiences who enjoy viewing horror movies, and therefore must reflect that the film will endure horror and gore.

Music..
I think the piece of music I wrote was very fitting, and suited the style of the title sequence very well. However, I don't think that the recording did the music justice, as it sounds much better live. If we had enough time, I'd consider re-recording it, but sadly, we don't have enough disposable time, so we'll have to make-do.

The development process..
Despite being absent for two weeks of production, I'm confident in saying that I didn't miss much at all, putting the video together. In my absense, my team got the footage, so I was there to piece it together with them. Unfortunately, it took us such a long time to get on track, and set the wheels in motion. This is due to alot of technical difficulty, converting all the images, and finding enough storage capacity on the computer. But we got there in the end. I think the second to last day of editing was really the most productive day. It took us about two hours to get all the pictures in place, and into a successful title sequence. I think, generally, the development process wasn't at all smooth, it was very stressful and time consuming - animation was a lot harder then me and my team had anticipated. But, we now have the skills and knowledge to be able to do it in the future, without as many difficulties.

Title sequences? Why are they so important?..
A title sequence should instantly grab the focus and attention of its audience, in a captivative manner. It should also suggest some of the plot of the story, and perhaps introduce the protagonist(s) - (main characters), and set the location. It should also give credit to the directors and producers of the film.
Without a title sequence, a film would be very un-presented, the directors and producers would not be identified, and the scene would not be set for the audience - giving the film a very sloppy appeal.

No comments: